zprime

2006-01-04

Logan's Road House vs. Texas Road House

I thought I'd try out for laziest blogger.....but apparently that takes more lazy than I got.

We recently tried the two new "Road Houses" here in the Spring-town.
Over all I was kinda put off by the Texas Road House my first attempt to go was to lunch during the week. Unfortunately they don't open until 4 PM during the week (Strike 1). Second attempt they were fairly busy so I went up to put my name in and was promptly ignored (being the impatient sort I decided we'd go elsewhere, which actually lead to our visit to Logan's...and Strike 2). The third attempt we finally got in, overall everything was okay, not great I got the standard zprime meal steak, steak fries, and a salad. The steak and fries were satisfactory, not the best I've had but also not the worst (not so bad I won't eat there again), the salad on the other hand I won't get again, the dressing was good (1K island), the croutons were okay, but the lettuce and eggs were rubbery. The waitress did a good job, and if the other wait staff is as attentive and helpful they'll be in good shape. We did have to wait for a seat in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday (because we had the D with us and wanted a high chair we had to wait for a short table.) Overall based on closeness to our home and the food, I won't have a problem eating there on occassion, but it's not someplace that I'll ever say that I absolutely have to eat there now.

Logan's Road House (after my failed/aborted second attemt at the TRH) was pretty good. I ordered steak, some sort of potato (can't remember if I got fries or baked), and cinamon apples. The steak was good, again not the best not the worst, of the 2 though Logan's was better. The sides were both exellent. We did have a long wait from seating to eating but not terrible. Also of the pair Logan's menu was much more extensive than TRH's. Of the two I'd go to Logan's more often than TRH.

For those that are curious the atmosphere was the same at both. Buckets of peanuts (in the shell, drop the shell on the floor). Fairly loud country music. Both had "free" rolls before the meal(again Logan's were better).


Coming soon posts from the wife!!!

5 Comments:

  • Whoa! New content! :)

    By Blogger Duane k, At 23:03  

  • It's crazy I know.

    By Blogger zprime, At 08:06  

  • That is what he thinks!!

    signed,
    the wife

    By Blogger Magi, At 17:10  

  • I vouch for Logan's too, i've been there like 5 times and basically never had an overall bad experience with the most important being the food and its always been good to me. My wife got sick after one of their hamburgers once but who knows if it was the hamburger or not. I generally always get the Brewski steak w/ loaded mashed potatoes. Their sante fe tilapia was also very good. i'm blogging over at http://www.theztree.net (make sure you visit the subblog called Paradoxically Incorrect where i've posted a rant on why Branson, MO sux ((the tourism-ridden part, not the community))) and http://blog.myspace.com/zoemorn come visit. And Zprime, you getting a Vertical projector going now?? where's the plogggage!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 14:27  

  • why don't you try calling ahead? i'm a regular at my local texas road house and all we have to do is phone ahead and the wait isn't that bad. it's a restaurant, you can't be mad if there is a wait. And if there is a wait don't you think the food is good enough for people to be waiting up to an hour to eat? They only have a limited amount of seating however, So i understand why sometimes the wait might be a while. The people before you went through the same process. I've allowed myself to get mad at this as well, but you have to remember if the person at the front tells you a certain time frame of when your table could be ready, that they aren't always correct. Besides haven't you ever sat and waited at a restaurant even after you had finished your meal? so do others. TRH's food is great. I have learned what i like, and i get it every time. Logan's is okay but i would choose TRH over it any day! i hope you become more open-minded. It's a family restaurant, they are willing to please everyone. Besides, they used to be owned by the same people, but they branched out and made there own franchise's. Why do you think they are so alike? hmmm. think about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 00:43  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home